Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Georgia Weather...

The weather here in the big peach is driving me crazy! Yesterday I had an appointment in Elberton, Georgia and when I came out of the meeting it was 76 degrees and sunny. By the time I got home it was freezing and pouring down rain. I have several coats in my car because I put one on in the morning and shed it by lunch. Winter is my least favorite season because it is so gray and dark. I'm a sunshine person. I crave sunshine and light. 

To perk me up I pulled out all my favorites and sketched them. 

From the top to the bottom...
#1...my homemade leather pen roll. I saw a leather pencil roll on Pinterest that I loved but couldn't afford. Here is a picture of the pencil roll I couldn't afford...

I decided it couldn't be that hard to make my own. I looked at a few stores for leather and finally found a bag of leather scraps at Hobby Lobby for $4.00 and I had a 40% off coupon. After a little bit of digging in the bag I discovered the softest piece of leather which would be perfect!


I believe it cost a little over $2.00 to make a beautiful pen roll for my Sharpies! I also have a place inside for my little ruler, a drawing pencil and an eraser. The best part is it is soooo soft!

#2 my little ruler...I have several metal Westcott rulers. I keep a little one with me all the time.



#3 & 4 my favorite paint brushes...If I could only pick 2 brushes to keep it would be these two. They are small bristle Princeton Snap brushes. I am very rough with them and they have held their own despite my abuse!


#5 a sketching pencil...I believe this pencil has an HB lead and it is light enough to watercolor over. I really like dark graphite pencils because of the way they feel when you pull them over the paper, but they are messy and don't work well with watercolors so I travel with a good ole' HB.



#6 my all time favorite pen...This is absolutely my all time favorite pen, the Uni-Ball Gel Impact 207 medium point pen! I will not let anyone use my pen. It has a wonderfully thick bold line. The gel ink makes a beautiful mark on the paper.
#7 my Exacto knife...Who can't live without an Exacto knife! 
#8 Sharpies...I think I have had a Sharpie in my purse since I entered high school! I love them. My favorite is ultra fine point permanent marker.


But...did you know you can order personalized Sharpies? Go to http://www.mysharpie.com/store/pc/home.asp and check it out. 



Thank you for letting me share with you...I hope the weather where you are is better than here!







No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment!