Saturday, March 15, 2014

Camellias...


The camellias are in bloom in my yard. They are such heavy blooms that they pull the limbs down until they eventually pop off. I snipped some off to put by my bed. They are so pretty.

I put them in my studio first and composed a little painting. I sketched them a few times making contour drawings. 

I chose my palette. I've heard it is good to limit your palette to a few colors. From the experiments I did last night painting a page of camellias over and over again I came up with the following palette:

As I was finishing the painting I seemed to get the hang of this watercolor thing. The middle flower is the first one I did. I really "over-painted" it. I thought about trying to lift the color off and try again but decided to leave it. 




Here is the finished product. I may paint this one again and see if I've learned a few things!!!

Thanks for peeking!




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment!