Thursday, February 21, 2013

Savannah's Paris Market...

I'm so excited to post this week's painting. Recently, my daughter and I took a road trip to Savannah, Georgia...one of our favorite places. We decided we would do some shopping on Broughton Street (totally adorable and artsy shops). We were so excited to get to spend some "quality" time in the Paris Market. This store has an eclectic collection of decorative items. The last time we were there they had an enormous sculpture of Neptune made of shells. It is a truly a beautiful store.

I've spent the last few days painting my sketch of the exterior of the store. I enjoyed this painting so much because it is a beautiful place, in a beautiful town, where I had a lovely time with a beautiful young woman.
Arches cold press paper, Holbein watercolors, black Sharpie

I enjoyed this painting more than I can possibly explain here. Great memories! Thank you for peeking into my sketchbook.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment!