Friday, February 15, 2013

Cartersville, Georgia...

Yesterday I had a meeting in Cartersville, Georgia. I arrived early and took a little trip to the historical downtown of Cartersville. They have done a wonderful job preserving the historical buildings. I was about 30 minutes early for my meeting so I parked where I had a great view and sketched. The first sketch I made was of the wonderful Grand Theater.


I sketched using my HB pencil on a 6x6 watercolor pad (cold pressed 140lbs). then painted it at home. I outlined using my Sharpie and added the white outlines on the windows using a Pentel white gel pen. 

Here is a sketch of the Gold-domed courthouse. I'll post it when I'm finished.
(I could only park where I could view the back. I'll have to return and spend some time sitting outside sketching.)

Thank you for peeking into my sketchbook!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment!