Monday, December 31, 2012

Happy New Year! A New Painting Project...

After a great trip to Sam Flax today, I am celebrating the new year with new paints, new paper, and I am beginning a new project. I have taken the inspiration from Claire Fletcher's  "What to Look For..." monthly paintings. 



I love the rich colors of the new paint. I am trying Holbein watercolors. I purchased Ultramarine Deep, Crimson Lake, and Yellow Lemon. The paints move on the paper well and are very vivid. When I mixed them, the purple, orange, and green were beautiful!


I'm not sure about the paper yet. I purchased 100% cotton, cold pressed block paper made by Aqvarelle Arches paper.

I think this is going to be a fun project. Wish me luck!

Happy 2013!





No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment!