Friday, December 28, 2012

5 Fabulous Friday Finds


Andrea Joseph
I love Andrea Joseph's Sketchblog. Her sketches and paintings are so detailed and uses all the white-space so effectively. I love the sketches where she includes her drawing tools in the sketch. 
These are absolutely beautiful in their simplicity and their intricacies. How is that even possible? Andrea inspires me to improve my sketches by adding detail and seeing the beauty in everyday items I enjoy.


Claire Fletcher

Claire is a wonderful artist. I love her work and she is one of my favorites. One of her paintings gave me a great idea...I want to do a monthly painting of all the important events for my family for each month. I can't wait for January to get here so I can begin! Check out Claire's work on her website, Claire Fletcher Art.


Origin Unknown



This photo has a wonderful message...I think the message is to enjoy life. I found this on Pinterest and can't track down the photographer (or owner) of the photo. The person who posted it on Pinterest included the following caption..."You can choose to live your life with the joy of the front row or solemness of the third row. The choice is yours. // what a HUGE contrast." Let me know if you can identify the owner and I will give credit for the photo.


Maggie May
My daughter made these wonderful hand warmers. I love these because SHE MADE THEM HERSELF! They are made out of the softest fabric and don't have the lavender in them like the store bought ones do. (The lavender is a bit to over-powering for me.) She filled them with rice. Another thing I love about them is that she made them on my great-grandmother's sewing machine. 

I learned to sew on this machine. In my lifetime, it has never had another foot on it other than the zipper foot. I learned to sew this way and had quite a bit of trouble sewing using a regular sewing foot. (Don't tell anyone but I would rather sew on this machine than my fancy embroidery machine.)



Great job, Maggie! You are an amazing young woman!


Allie Ward

I picked up this tote on clearance for $1.99. Who doesn't love a tote? It was plain as plain could be. I added a little Kate Spade to it with paint and some great painters tape. It is begging for a monogram. I can't decide what font to use. I'll update you when I decide. 


I hope you enjoyed my 5 Fabulous Friday Finds. I sure enjoy all these pretty things. I can't wait til next Friday to share some more!

Thank you for reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment!